EASA Southeastern Chapter is committed to protecting your privacy. EASA is an international trade organization of more than 1,700 electromechanical sales and service firms in nearly 70 countries. The Southeastern Chapter has more than 250 member firms primarily in the southeastern United States.
EASA Southeastern Chapter recognizes the importance of protecting the corporate information you provide.
EASA Southeastern Chapter collects and uses information that alone or in combination with other information could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”) in order to deliver products and services, process applications to join, inform you of various opportunities and provide support.
This policy outlines the information we collect, how we use the information and data practices regarding Personal Data and other information collected in connection with:
- Your use of the Southeastern Chapter website, www.easasoutheast.org (where you can learn about our chapter, its officers and news)
- Events you may attend
- Products you may order
The Information EASA Southeastern Chapter Collects
Personal data that you provide
EASA Southeastern Chapter collects Personal Data provided when individuals interact with chapter products and services. The types of Personal Data we collect vary but generally include:
- Contact information (e.g., name, personal and/or business addresses, phone and fax numbers, email addresses and titles)
- Information provided via applications, registration forms, profiles, surveys or purchase forms
The data collected is considered necessary in order to achieve satisfactory fulfillment of association business and transactions.
Automatically collected data
As you engage with our website, EASA Southeastern Chapter may collect information about your device and visits through cookies, web beacons and other technologies, Internet Protocol (IP) address tracking/URL tracking and other tools. The types of automatically collected data collected on our website through the use of these and other tools may include: the search terms you used, new or returning user information, browser information, computer or device type, operating system, internet service provider, website usage, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, geographic locale, number of clicks and ads viewed.
How we use collected information
EASA Southeastern Chapter uses this information to:
Notify you of relevant products and services
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs
- Publish member profiles on the chapter website
- Publish attendee registration lists for chapter-sponsored events
- Keep you abreast of industry news and information
- Provide support for other services you have ordered, as well as information regarding membership benefits and services. For any EU Data Subjects, such use is necessary for the purposes of providing membership services.
We do not sell or trade email addresses to third parties. Membership lists are published and may also be shared in electronic format with chapter members for chapter/regional use only. Member information is not published on the website except in the form of the chapter membership directory, which is available for download by password to chapter members only.
EASA Southeastern Chapter uses your contact information to notify you by email or by phone regarding information that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive marketing materials, you may share your preference by contacting the chapter using the information below. You may also unsubscribe from marketing communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of chapter emails.
Where required by the applicable law (for example if you are an EU Data Subject), EASA Southeastern Chapter will send marketing information only with your consent, which was given at the time you provided us with the Personal Data. In such case, if you do not provide us with your consent to the processing of your Personal Data for this purpose, we will not send you this information.
If you correspond with EASA Southeastern Chapter via email, the postal service, web forms or another form of communication, we may retain the correspondence and the information it contains. The chapter may use the information for business purposes, including responding to your inquiry and notifying you of chapter opportunities.
URL & IP address
EASA Southeastern Chapter may collect information about users’ IP addresses, including users’ utilization of our website, to help us design our website to better suit users’ needs. The chapter may use information about your IP address to help diagnose problems with its server, administer its websites, analyze trends, track visitor behavior and gather information that assists in identifying visitor preferences.
EASA Southeastern Chapter may use your IP address to enhance security and investigate an actual or potential security incident. For EU Data Subjects, this use of your information is necessary for our legitimate interests in understanding how the website and services are being used by you, to improve your experience and to ensure network and information security.
EASA Southeastern Chapter may also compile, anonymize and/or aggregate Personal Data and other information collected about website visitors and use such data for business purposes. This aggregate information does not identify you.
Disclosure of information
EASA Southeastern Chapter discloses collected Personal Data in accordance with the terms set forth in this section.
EASA Southeastern Chapter may share your Personal Data with third parties that provide certain services to assist us in meeting business operation needs. These parties are authorized to process your Personal Data on our behalf and pursuant to our instructions, only as necessary to provide these services. Your Personal Data is shared with the following service providers:
- Providers of payment processing and accounting, as necessary to process payment
- Contracted vendors for certain events, including conferences
EASA Southeastern Chapter may also disclose Personal Data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- If you request or authorize
- The information is provided to comply with the law
- To respond to a government request or to lawful requests by public authorities
- To address emergencies or acts of God
If EASA Southeastern Chapter is involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be transferred to a successor of an affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
EASA Southeastern Chapter collects, stores and processes the information in the United States. If you are outside the U.S., your Personal Data and other information will be transferred to the U.S. The data privacy and data protection laws outside your country may offer less protection than the laws in your country. By using our services, you agree to the transfer of your Personal Data. If you do not agree to such cross-border transfers of your Personal Data, please do not submit it through the website.
How you can access and change information
EASA Southeastern Chapter acknowledges that you have the right to access your Personal Data.
If you are an EU Data Subject, please see the “EU Data Subjects” section below for information on your rights in relation to the Personal Data we hold about you.
EU Data Subjects
This section applies if you are a citizen of the European Union (“EU,” “EU Data Subject”). For these purposes, the reference to the EU also includes the European Economic Area countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and, where applicable, Switzerland.
EASA Southeastern Chapter is the data controller for the processing of your Personal Data.
Subject to applicable law, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- Right of access: If you ask, EASA Southeastern Chapter will confirm whether it is processing your Personal Data and if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data (along with certain other details).
- Right to rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to have it rectified or completed. If EASA Southeastern Chapter has shared your Personal Data with others, the chapter will tell them about the rectification where possible. If you ask, where possible and lawful to do so, the chapter will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to erasure: You may ask EASA Southeastern Chapter to delete or remove your Personal Data and we will do so. If we have shared your data with others, we will tell them about the erasure where possible. If you ask, EASA Southeastern Chapter will also tell you with whom your Personal Data was shared so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask EASA Southeastern Chapter to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of that Personal Data or object to us processing it. We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we have shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask, EASA Southeastern Chapter will also tell you with whom your Personal Data was shared so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability: Effective 25 May 2018, you have the right to obtain your Personal Data that you consented to give or that is necessary to perform a contract with you. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask EASA Southeastern Chapter at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so, as the chapter relies on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data — unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, or if we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right to be free from decisions based solely on automated processing of your Personal Data, including profiling, that affect you, unless such processing is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and EASA Southeastern Chapter or you provide your explicit consent to such processing.
- Right to withdraw consent: If EASA Southeastern Chapter relies on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your prior consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about EASA Southeastern Chapter’s privacy practices, including the way we have handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us at email@example.com
Legitimate Interest: EASA Southeastern Chapter’s processing of your data is necessary in order to deliver products and services to you. Membership, event registration or attendance and product purchase constitute a contract between the Data Subject and EASA Southeastern Chapter. We use data in ways individuals would reasonably expect and have minimal privacy impact. Nonmembers opting into receiving content provide their consent to EASA Southeastern Chapter to process their Personal Data. Nonmembers who are citizens of the EU have the same rights to their Personal Data as members.
EASA Southeastern Chapter maintains security procedures and standards which we believe are as safe as today’s technology permits. We test these procedures and modify them regularly as new technologies become feasible.
EASA Southeastern Chapter does not collect banking, credit or credit card information on its members or users. We do not request nor do we use social security or taxpayer identification numbers in the course of our business with our members or the public.
Data retention policy
EASA Southeastern Chapter retains your Personal Data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our contracts. Inactive account data is maintained for a period of 10 years. In accordance with recommendations from our audit firm, financial records are maintained for a period of 10 years. After the 10-year period, the account data is reviewed.
What are cookies?
Cookies are pieces of data sent to your browser when you visit a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. For example, cookies can store your session information for easy log-in to a website. EASA Southeastern Chapter may use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for a set period of time or until you delete it.
You can choose to block or delete cookies by changing your browser settings. You can also prevent your data from being collected by Google Analytics on websites by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on for your current web browser.
Inapplicability of privacy policies of any linked websites or other third parties